365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Half way there!

12 weeks of training done, 12 weeks left!
Am I feeling stressed? not much, only when I see my handwritten program and realise that I am done with one side of the sheet and now can see the goal of 'MARATHON DAY' written in big green letters with a smiley face!

Took a day off yesterday, today am off from work and DH (who has the whole week off- some people r lucky)wanted to run with me. So did the 3.63m loop next to our house, it includes a big, bad, long hill. Would love to say that I ran up the hill like a gazelle, but no, I crawled up with spurts of what I call running and he calls running in place. But, but I did do the loop in 53 min, which is a whole 2 min better than what Iwas doing in March/ April. Tho it could be the beautiful cool breezy day also.

GB was in San-francisco yesterday and says it was really cool there. Which is good. But I hope its not cold in October. See, the temp has to be just right- not too warrm, not too cold, breeze just adequate- not too windy, not too still, not against me at any point . I can do hills too, as long as they are not too long, not too steep,a slight down grade is preferred, so I can let gravity take over and roll down on cruise control. Then I can run.I am sure some day in the near future they will have a course like that! Till then, its mother nature and me and I hope she is kind to me on the day.

Have to fit in 2 more sessions before the months end to get 20/30 workouts for the month. Havent done any weights, only some yoga, get back into the routine, and dont remind me-18 miles this weekend. 18!!!

No comments: