365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Don't want to do this - wanna be lazyyyyy

It's so so so difficult to take the first step. I just want to be lazy, be on my couch and watch tv allllll day long. I don't want to do this. I don't want to go for a walk let alone run a marathon. Oh, I am fine writing this blog as I can do this while lying on my couch and eating and watching tv. It's getting cold too. My sister asked me to think about the thrill of running across the San Francisco bridge. Why would anybody want to do that? or in fact run a marathon or for that matter, run when one is feeling perfectly well and happy cozy in her home having hot chocolate (I dont like hot chcocolate, I like hot coffeeeeee!)? Oh, I don't want to do this. With just 1 day to go :(((((((( - I have to start on Nov 1st, I have to mentally prepare myself. I had told myself I would start with small walks earlier than 1st (my sister is writing the blog too, so it was she who went on that little walk yesterday - I think she went today too), but I am just not up to it. Also, I have the excuse that I work, I mean I go to work...uhhh ok, I mean I go to work just like other people but I get tired by the end of the day, you know, like too tired to walk :(........ok, enough of excuses, I am going to do it.....or 20 years later when I really am old and tired, I'll regret not taking this first step.......oh, how I hate, hate, hate these rational thoughts!!!

No comments: