365 days, 1 year, 2 inactive bored sisters, one thinks any goal is too small for her, the other wants to try everything but is not sure where to start. So Ok, the challenge- run the first full marathon within 365 days. Start date: Nov 1st 2007 End date : Nov 1st 2008. Will we be able to do it??

OUR GOAL - NIKE WOMEN'S MARATHON (OCT 19, 2008)

Nov 1, 2007-------------->FEB - 9Mleft--------------->MAY - Completed Half Marathon!!!! 6Mleft---------------->AUG - 3Mleft--------------->Oct 19, 2008 -D DAY!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - We were able to complete, yes complete :) the Nike Marathon - our first marathon - in about 6 hrs 40 mins.Our next goal - Lose weight!!! 36 pounds in 365 days - a lofty one considering that even the marathon training couldn't help us lose a few of the extra pounds.

VISIT US AT OUR WEIGHT LOSS BLOG

MapMyRun.com - a vital tool for marathon preparation PBS Nova Marathon Challenge - Inspirational marathon training video Our progress (or not) - Check out our daily log!!!

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Setback

I dropped a dime, looked at it and let it go, didn't want to dirty my hands picking things up from the carpet, not a concious decision -maybe was just too lazy to bend....approx 2 hrs later, at exactly the same spot, dropped my cell phone - bent to pick it up and regretted it - felt something in my back, got up, the pain was excruciating, unbearable....

Was at the workplace waiting on somebody to respond to a message, the pain was unbearable, couldn't sit, kept standing, took a pain killer, wrapped up ice in a paper towel and put it on my back inside the jeans...finally decided to go home - took 3 more ibuprofen, put ice packs...didn't help too much....by the evening was slightly better...have taken 2 more pain killers and am lying on the bed with the laptop...

My thoughts as I was driving home...I was a little sad and realised how people feel when they have been preparing hard and cant run the marathon due to some injury...but i overcame that within a couple of mins - ha, wasn't my dream - and i'll have all the fun without putting in all the effort, will go with NB to SF and cheer her on :)

I have had a lower back disc problem since 2 years and doctors have advised against running due to it being high impact..was thinking about this a couple of weeks back about how my back no longer hurt when I climbed hills the way it did earlier - thought that maybe it was getting stronger...but I think I ripped something today - muscle tear or something - I don't know how much time it will take to get better....even if it is a couple of weeks, i'll miss the long run...at this time I am thinking that I will attempt the marathon even if I have to drop out in the middle but i dont know how things will be tomorrow - better or worse...let's see

1 comment:

tamblair said...

Oooohh... I know first hand how painful back issues can be!! I will be thinking about you. Hope you get to feeling better real soon!